By compressing or reducing the file size, the PDF upload process becomes faster. Apart from that, users can also adjust the size according to the PDF size limit requirements which are often specified in the attachment terms. Check out the list of recommendations below:
1. Through Microsoft Word
The first way is to use Microsoft Word. On every Windows device, Microsoft Office applications must have been installed, including Microsoft Word. This application turns out to be not only for typing, but it can also compress PDF sizes.
However, this method only applies to Microsoft Word version 2013 and above. So, if the version used is 2007 or 2010, then just skip this method. Here are the steps to note:
- First of all, open Microsoft Word on your laptop or PC.
- At the top, please click the “File” menu.
- Select the “Open” option and then select the file in the PDF format that you want to reduce in size.
- Then, the file that previously had the PDF format will be automatically converted into word format.
- Click the “Ok” button and proceed to the next step.
- Click “Save As”.
- After that, change the file format back to PDF by selecting “Save As Type: PDF”.
- Shrink size or compress with “Optimize for: Minimum Size”.
- Press the “Save” button to save the final result.
2. Using the Adobe Website
The next way to change the PDF size is with the Adobe website which can be accessed via a cellphone or laptop browser. There are lots of PDF processing features provided by Adobe, including file compression. Here is an easy tutorial:
- Visit the adobe.com homepage.
- Find and click “PDF & E-signatures”.
- Select the option called “Online Tools”.
- Then, select the “Compress PDF” option to compress the document.
- Upload the PDF file you want to compress by pressing the “Select a File” button or by dragging and dropping.
- Then, the system will automatically start the process of compressing the uploaded file.
- When the process is complete, please download by pressing the “Download” button.
3. Using the iLovePDF Website
The third way is with iLovePDF. This document processing website is very famous. Lots of people use this website to process various kinds of documents, including compressed PDFs. The steps are very easy as follows:
- Visit the ilovepdf.com website.
- Find and open the “Compress PDF” menu.
- Then, upload the file from your computer/PC/HP device. It can also be from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- The selected files will be automatically uploaded and processed.
- Select the desired compression level according to the available options, namely Extreme, Recommended, or Less Compression.
- After selecting one of them, click “Compress PDF”.
- Wait a moment until the process is complete, then download by saving it in the cloud storage or pressing the “Download” button to save it on the device.
4. Through the SmallPDF Website
The fourth way is to use the SmallPDF website. This is another well-known site that also provides document processing facilities. To be able to compress files here, users don’t need to worry about having to pay because it can be accessed for free. Here’s the tutorial:
- Visit the smallpdf.com page.
- Find and select “Compress PDF”.
- Upload documents by dragging or drag and drop. You can also press the “Choose Files” button.
- Specify the file compression size. Select “Basic Compression” for a free compression option.
- Continue by pressing the “Compress” button.
- When the size reduction process has been completed, download it by pressing the “Download” button.
5. Using the SodaPDF Website
The fifth way is to use SodaPDF. Apart from being in the form of a website, users can also access it offline through the application. However, if you don’t really need it, the web version is perfectly sufficient to compress files in the following way:
- Go to the sodapdf.com site.
- Hover over the “Online Tools” section.
- Find and select the “Compress PDF” menu.
- Click “Choose File” so that the reduced size document can be uploaded.
- Select the compress size quality option, namely low, good, and high quality.
- Then press the “Compress PDF Files” button.
- Wait a few moments then press “Download File” when the compression process is complete.
6. Using PDF2Go
Another way to change the PDF size is to use PDF2Go. This site has a simpler interface than other document processing sites. So, users can immediately find a menu to compress files. Here is the complete guide:
- Visit the pdf2go.com page.
- On the main page, you will see the option “Compress PDF”. Please click on the menu.
- Click “Choose File” or drag and drop the file to be compressed from the laptop/PC device.
- Scroll down a bit, then determine the compression level, from basic to strong compression.
- After that, click the “Start” button.
- Wait until the process is complete, then the file will be downloaded automatically.
- If the automatic download doesn’t work, then just click the “Download” button on the page that appears.
This is information on how to change the PDF size without the need for additional applications. If you don’t have the latest Microsoft version, you can use the website above instead.